[Seth: Felix Qui Potuit Rerum Cognoscere Causas. Ex Mira Lanza, Rome.]
Andrea Fanelli [CV]
Laboratoire de Mathématiques de Versailles
45 avenue des Etats-Unis - Bât. Fermat - Bureau 3302
78035 Versailles cedex, France
I am a FMJH post-doc in algebraic geometry at the
Laboratoire de Mathématiques de Versailles,
Université Paris Saclay,
funded by the
Programme Sophie Germain.
I am a member of the Algebra and Geometry
team and my supervisor is
My research interests are in birational geometry, especially
- Fano varieties and fibrations;
- Mori fibre spaces and minimal model program;
- rationally simply connected varieties;
- surfaces in positive characteristic;
- algebraic subgroups of the Cremona group.
★ News ★
In the period Sep 2016 - Aug 2018 I was a postdoc at the
where I was a member of the Algebra and Number Theory
My supervisor there was
During the academic year 2015/16 I was a postdoc at the
where I was a member of the Algebra and Geometry
My supervisor there was
I obtained my PhD at the
Department of mathematics,
Imperial College London.
I was a member of to the Geometry group and my supervisor was Paolo Cascini.
During the last months of my PhD, I visited IMPA for the Thematic Program on Algebraic Geometry.
- (with J. Blanc and R. Terpereau) Maximal connected algebraic subgroups of the Cremona group in three variables.
- (with S. Schröer) The maximal unipotent quotient, exotic torsion in Fano threefolds, and exceptional Enriques surfaces, Arxiv (2019);
- (with L. Gruson and N. Perrin) Rational curves on V5 and rational simple connectedness Arxiv (2019);
- (with S. Schröer) Del Pezzo surfaces and Mori fibre spaces in positive characteristic, Arxiv (2018);
- (with J. Blanc and R. Terpereau) Automorphisms of P1-bundles over rational surfaces, Arxiv (2017).
- (with C. Casagrande and G. Codogni) The blow-up of P4 at 8 points and its Fano model, via vector bundles on a degree 1 del Pezzo surface, Revista Matemática Complutense (2019);
- (with G. Codogni, R. Svaldi and L. Tasin) A note on the fibres of Mori fibre spaces, European Journal of Mathematics (2018);
- (with G. Codogni, R. Svaldi and L. Tasin) Fano varieties in Mori fibre spaces, IMRN (2016);
- (with G. Di Cerbo) Effective Matsusaka's Theorem for surfaces in characteristic p, Algebra & Number Theory (2015);
- PhD Thesis (Imperial College London, 2015).
Organised events and seminars
- Aeneas Christmas Conference, University of Roma Tre, 20-21 Dec 2018;
- Düsseldorf Research Seminar in Pure Mathematics, HHU, Nov 2016 - Jul 2018;
- Algebraic Geometry and Representation Theory in Rome, University of Roma Tre, 18-19 Dec 2014;
- Traumatic Workshop: Birational Geometry and Fano Varieties, Imperial College London, 3-4 Apr 2014;
- Characteristic p methods in Algebraic Geometry (funded by LMS), Imperial College London, 2-5 Apr 2013;
- Junior Geometry Seminar, Imperial College London, Oct 2012 - May 2013.
Outreach and charity